Monday, April 1, 2013

Grey and White Dresser

I really didn't know what to title this post so I went with how I feel.  I love how this dresser turned out!

Dressers are always a popular request.  In the past few weeks I have come across several great ones and have had a lot of fun giving them new looks and new homes.  Last week, I had a customer come in to look at some dressers I had available and neither really worked for her.  So I put her on my shopping list to find her a dresser with better dimensions and then refinish it custom for her.  Luckily the next day I found the perfect piece and got to work! (If that could only happen every time!) The dresser was blah brown and dirty when I bought it but I could see past all of that.  It is Dixie, solid wood, and sturdy and they don't come much better than that.  Here are some before pictures:



Love seeing this stamp!
The top was in decent condition which is always a plus.

Solid wood drawers with dove tail joints.  Perfect!

 My client wanted something that would coordinate with her current bedroom furniture...something with soft white and grey.  Here are the afters:

Grey stained top.

LOVE!
 The final product is so light and pretty especially compared to that blah brown I started with.  This beauty was picked up today and is already set up!


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.  I love seeing my pieces when they are in their new home and I love having a happy client!

SIDE NOTE:  This dresser has a matching end table that my client did not want.  Here is the before and after for it.






DIY blog Classy Clutter

1 comment: