Thursday, October 24, 2013

Dressers and a Bookcase

I know, I know.  I haven't posted all week.  Its funny how things can instantly change.  I went from DIY/blogger mode to refinish for client mode overnight.

It all started last Thursday, when I went to North Houston to see my best girlfriend.  She had her 4th child a few weeks ago so I went to see the baby again (and her) and to take some pictures of the baby.  Baby Taryn is so cute and I loved getting sweet snuggles from her.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures.









Isn't she precious?!  All of their kids are super cute and I am absolutely in love with them.

After a day off from furniture on Thursday, Friday to Sunday was crazy busy.  We went to my hometown for my grandmother's 80th birthday party on Sunday but we also scored football tickets to the best high school football game of the year for Friday night.   On Saturday, I had 3 client appointments and I picked up a piece for myself.  Needless to say, it was a busy weekend packed with driving, working, and visiting with family.  Absolutely no down time to relax which resulted in me being exhausted on Monday.  This week has been consumed with furniture projects and a few secret projects that I am not ready to tell you about.  Here are some pictures of what I have been up to this week.

Before pictures of a client dresser.

This dresser will be in the master bedroom.  The client sent me an inspiration picture for her bedroom makeover and has given me the freedom to paint it how I want.  I love these kind of projects.  Surprising my clients is the best but there is a little stress and nerves I get hoping they will like it.  It is turning out great and I can't wait to show y'all the final product.





My bookcase

I bought this really neat bookcase from my friend's grandma.  She was downsizing and having an amazing estate sale.  I got early access and fell in love with this unique bookcase.  It is over 6 feet tall!  I debated painting it since it isn't in horrible shape and is solid wood.  Ultimately, I did decide to paint because I don't want anymore wood tones or brown in my living room and now I am having a little bit of painter's remorse.  I love it painted but I feel guilty about it since I know I could have refinished the wood.  Today, I am going to get it placed and accessorized.  After photos will be posted tomorrow.

Here are the before shots.






The only other piece I am going to tell you about is the office dresser.  Somehow I didn't get before pictures of it but it is part of the set that matches the dog feeding center.  (Read about that here.)  Remember, it was big and brown and ugly?



This dresser was the same just shorter and longer.  Now it is in my office being used for storage for anything from fabric, to office supplies, to my Silhouette machine.

I haven't talked about my office much mostly because I haven't had time to work on it.  It has been used for storage since we moved in and has just now started coming together.  Blittle decided to put all his fly fishing supplies downstairs so the office space is now totally mine.  It is the one room I am going more beachy than coastal. I want bright, happy blues and as many of my beach pictures as I can handle.  I will do a detailed post on the office later but for now here is my dresser.

These two felt the camera was out for them.  Silly.






I hope everyone else is having a great week and is enjoying this fall weather.  It is beautiful here!  I promise to have some more pictures and details over the next few days.  And soon I can tell you about a few of my secret projects.

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png

 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

1 comment: