Monday, May 19, 2014

The Better Homes and Gardens Feature

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  My original plan was to do nothing since Blittle was gone on Saturday but I ended up giving the dogs a hair cut and bath,  planted plants in my planter in the front of the house and stained most of the fence.  Sunday we worked on the dock and it is almost ready for stain as well.  Overall, it was a very productive weekend.

I have had an overwhelming amount of questions about the magazine feature lately.  It is supposed to be out next week so I would like to clear up a few things and answer some of the common questions.

I am being featured in the Better Homes and Gardens Kitchen and Bath Makeovers Summer 2014 magazine.  Here is the cover of Spring 2014.






The section I am in, is in every issue.  It is called "Lessons Learned" and it only features bloggers.





 There will be one before and one after picture plus a picture of me.  Each blogger gets a 1/2  page to a full page feature.  The point of this is to encourage traffic to the blog.  Its like a teaser and advertisement in one.




Better Homes and Gardens did not come to my house for a photo shoot.  Again, the whole point of the feature is to direct people to my website to see the details of the kitchen makeover so there are only a few pictures in the magazine.  I hired a photographer to come to the house and take pictures.  I do not have the camera or the editing programs needed to get the kind of pictures I want so I got someone who could do it.  There will be an updated kitchen reveal posted and added to my "Home Tour" page in the next few weeks.  I will also be doing a dining room reveal!

I can't wait to see the magazine.  BHG did call me and I had a 30 minute phone interview with them.  The article is based on that phone interview so I have an idea of what they are going to write but I will not see the actual article until the magazine is released.

After 6 months of waiting, yes it has been 6 months since they called me and told me I was being featured,  it is finally here and I am so excited.  If any of you see the Summer 2014 out before I do, let me know!

   

 photo Signature_zps5473e161.png

 photo googleplustitanium_zps7c045137.png  photo rsstitanium_zps86d5562c.png  photo emailtitanium_zpsf8419ff0.png

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Thats freakin awesome!!!! Congratulations Kaylor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete